In order to encourage children and young people to participate in building a common European future in which solidarity and humanity will be the greatest values, Europe Direct Information Center Slavonski Brod, in cooperation with the Europe House Slavonski Brod and the Youth Parliament of Slavonski Brod, organizes a competition in children’s expression SOLIDARITY AND HUMANITY – for children from all EU member states.
We want children in collaboration with their mentors – educators, teachers or parents – to send us artwork/drawing and win an award for their creative approach in thinking and experiencing one of the topics offered!
We ask the mentors to encourage children to be creative, which will be rewarded with interesting prizes provided by the Representation of the European Commission in Croatia, Europe House Slavonski Brod, the Youth Council of Brod-Posavina County and the Youth Council of City Slavonski Brod.
Solidarity and humanity among children – what is it?
While I couldn’t go to kindergarten / school, I spent time…
Proximity to distance
Taking care of others is possible in isolation
Common European values – cooperation, humanity and compassion
My family – will be always there for me and I’ll be there for them
The most humane children’ work
I believe in a better European future
Terms of participation
- All children from Croatia and other EU member states, aged 5 to 11, can participate in the competition.
- Applications and artwork should be sent to the address of the information center Europe Direct Slavonski Brod, which operates at the European House Slavonski Brod.
- Artwork must be clearly related to the themes of the competition.
- The competition is divided into two age groups: the first – from 4 to 7 years (preschool children), the second – from 7 to 11 years (children – students from 1st to 4th grade of primary schools).
- Each contestant can submit only one work.
- Each submitted artwork must be accompanied by a title page with the following information: name and surname of the contestant, address, telephone number and e-mail address – educational institution or parent / guardian, as well as the title of the work.
- The artwork should be one-dimensional, and the format cannot be smaller than A4 and larger than A3.
When and how to submit your work?
Competitors can submit their works to the address Europe Direct Information Center Slavonski Brod, Mesićeva 28, 35000 Slavonski Brod, Croatia until May 31, 2020.
Announcements of competition results
- The participants of the competition will be informed about the results of the competition in time – by June 4 at the latest
- Prizes for the authors of the best works of art will be sent to the address of the kindergarten, primary school or any other, specified in the application.
- The most interesting works of art will be exhibited at the Dragutin Tadijanović Memorial House in Slavonski Brod, on June 5, 2020.
- The awarded works will be published on the EDIC Slavonski Brod website and available to the media and social networks.
In accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (Regulation), we inform you that the data you provide will be registered in our database and will be processed manually and automatically in accordance with the Regulation and national legislation defining the implementation of the Data Protection Regulation. The head of personal data processing is the Europe House Slavonski Brod (A. Barca 30, 35000 Sl. Brod, OIB: 57209445034) and the data is used by its employees and volunteers. Please note that your personal data will be processed exclusively at the Europe House Slavonski Brod, while the permit is active or until you withdraw it, all in accordance with the manner prescribed by the GDPR. At any time, you have the right to withdraw your consent in writing by e-mail: email@example.com or to the address of Europe House Slavonski Brod, or request more information about your personal data, as well as all other rights arising from the provisions of the GDPR.
For all additional questions you can contact e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number + 385 35 415 190, mob.: + 385 99 555 1115
Europe Direct Information center Slavonski Brod, Croatia, e-mail: email@example.com